Under this Loan Contract, you agree to receive or repay one or more installment loans from us, through the Platform (www.MoneyMatch.com.ph).
These terms affect your rights and you should read them carefully and print a copy for your records. Your agreement to these terms means you agree to borrow and repay the money if your loan is funded under the terms of this Loan Contract, agree to transact with us electronically, and agree to have any dispute with us resolved by binding arbitration.
BY ELECTRONICALLY SIGNING THE LOAN CONTRACT, YOU HAVE SIGNIFIED YOUR LOAN CONTRACT TO BE BOUND BY ALL OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CONTAINED HEREIN.
A. If you are an Individual Lender, you must be:
1. at least 21 years of age;
2. resident Filipino citizen;
B. If you are a Corporate Lender, you must be:
1. A domestic corporation;
2. Stock corporation, and may be public bodies, charities, or trusts;
3. Majority of the directors or partners of your business must be permanent residents in the Philippines;
4. Your center of main interest must be in the Philippines;
5. Your business, its directors, members, partners, or proprietors must meet minimum credit and fraud risk criteria, which will be obtained from credit reference agencies;
II. LOAN TERMS
A. Your loan will have a principal balance in the specific amount and on the terms set forth in the disclosures provided to you through your online MoneyMatch account. You agree and acknowledge that the initial loan disclosures made to you are estimates. All loans are unsecured, fully-amortizing, closed-end loans with a three (3)-year term.
B. You may post a loan request on the Platform as Borrower, and various lenders (“Lenders”, “Investors”) will be able to review your loan request. Lenders may commit funds to purchase, in various amounts that correspond to all or a portion of your loan request. MoneyMatch may also choose to invest in all or part of your loan but is not obligated to do so.
III. CREDIT DECISIONS
We reserve the right to verify any information you submit by requiring you to produce appropriate documentation or other proof, and also reserve the right to conduct such verification through a third party. You hereby authorize us to request and obtain data from a third party to verify any information you provide to us in connection with your loan request. We may terminate consideration of your application at any time in our sole discretion.
IV. LENDING PROCESS
A. You acknowledge and confirm that, when you offer to lend money through MoneyMatch.com.ph, you will be offering your money to be lent by MoneyMatch.com.ph to a Borrower through peer-to-peer lending and you are not lending money to either MoneyMatch.com.ph or any member of MoneyMatch.com.ph.
B. Lender Registration
- In order to lend money using MoneyMatch.com.ph, you must register through the Platform by clicking “Register as Lender”.
- The screen will prompt a Lender Registration Form and must completely fill-out the application form on our Site by providing factual information.
- You must provide an active email address.
- You must verify the email address provided.
- You must provide an active, local mobile number.
- After submitting the Lender Registration Form, a One-Time Password will be sent to your mobile phone number. Input the OTP on the Platform to validate your mobile phone number.
- Continue filling out the Lender Profile Application Form with all the necessary details, to wit:
- Amount looking to invest;
- Investment purpose; and
- Required interest rate.
- Upload at least one of the following required documents:
- Proof of Identification;
- Certificate of Employment;
- Proof of Address;
- Company Registration;
- Bank Account Statements for the last three (3) months; and
- Pay Slip.
- You can then access your Lender Dashboard (“dashboard”), wherein information about your account is indicated.
C. Lender Registration Approval
1. Submit application and wait for at most three (3) working days for lender registration approval.
2. You will receive a notification through your e-mail address bearing instructions to activate your account.
3. MoneyMatch will then verify your information and approve your registration.
4. Once the registration has been verified, a notification will be sent to the registered email address.
5. Another notification will be sent to provide further instructions on how to deposit the desired amount to be used in funding loan applications.
6. After your deposit has been approved and credited, check your account balance. If you have sufficient funds in your MoneyMatch wallet you can now view loan applications that are ready for bidding.
1. Log in to the Platform using your Investor Account to check your dashboard for any loan applications on auction.
2. Choose which loan application you wish to fund and place your bid. Input the Bidding Amount and Interest Rate.
3. You may fund as many loan applications as you want as long as you have sufficient funds in your MoneyMatch wallet.
4. Once a borrower accepts your bid, a notification will be sent to your email address and you should be able to see your account activities under the transactions tab on your dashboard.
5. All of your Lending Commitments are visible to you within the My Account section of our Platform. Importantly, you can also view how much of your Lending Commitment is actually on loan on a real-time basis.
E. Withdrawal and Repayment
- Repayment of the monthly dues will start one month after the loan contract is in force.
- Every month an amount of repayment from the borrower will be added to your MoneyMatch.com.ph Wallet.
- You can view your transaction from your lender dashboard to monitor which borrower submitted payment.
- You may withdraw funds from your MoneyMatch.com.ph Wallet anytime by clicking the “Claim” button on your MoneyMatch Wallet and the funds you wish to take will be transferred to your bank account registered with MoneyMatch.com.ph.
F. You hereby irrevocably appoint the MoneyMatch.com.ph as your agent to perform all duties relevant to the Loan Contract for as long as these Terms remain in force and to manage the recovery processes where any Borrower has failed to make payments to you under any Loan Contract or where a Default Event has occurred. As part of this recovery process, you provide us with the requisite authority to sub-contract this process to a third party to act on your behalf.
G. You are not permitted to vary or cancel the terms of any Loan Contract to which you are Matched as a Lender.
A. Moneymatch.com.ph charges a transaction fee equivalent to four percent (4%) of the principal loan amount that you funded.
B. This transaction fee is included in the total interest charge for the loan you have funded and shall be deducted accordingly from the monthly borrower repayment schedule.
VI. TERMINATING YOUR MEMBERSHIP IN MONEYMATCH.COM.PH
A. If you no longer want to be an investor of Moneymatch.com.ph, provided that you have no Loan Contracts in force, let us know through a formal letter of such intent and we will end your membership.
B. We may end your membership in Moneymatch.com.ph at any time if:
- You breach these Terms and Conditions;
- You breach any term or condition of the Loan Contract, or other documents arising from or in connection with you receiving a loan through our platform;
- You have committed fraud, or have been involved in money laundering or other criminal activities;
- You use any information accessible on or obtained from the platform for the purpose of canvassing or soliciting any person or enticing any person away from Moneymatch.com.ph;
- You use the platform in any of the following ways:
- in any way that causes, or is likely to cause, the platform or access to it to be interrupted or damaged in any way;
- for fraudulent purposes, or in connection with a criminal offense;
- to send, use or reuse any material that is illegal, offensive, abusive, indecent, defamatory, obscene or menacing; or in breach of copyright, trademark, confidence, privacy or any other right; or is otherwise injurious to third parties; or objectionable; or which consists of or contains software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any spam; or to cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- You have provided information that we subsequently found to be materially incorrect, inaccurate, or false.
C. Termination of your membership of Moneymatch.com.ph will not necessarily result in a termination of any Loan Contract to which you are a party at that time.
D. Upon termination, and once all sums actually or potentially due from you to Investors and we have been repaid, we will credit your bank with any funds left in your Moneymatch.com.ph borrower account or send a cheque to the address last provided by you.
VII. INVESTOR’S AGREEMENTS WITH MONEYMATCH.COM.PH
As an investor, you agree that:
- Moneymatch.com.ph is giving no undertaking nor giving any warranty or representation as to:
- the ability of a Borrower to pay; and/or
- a Borrower’s credit risk.
- Moneymatch.com.ph is in no way liable for the debts of Borrowers;
- Calculations that we may provide on the platform regarding the likely rate of return on loans are for guidance purposes only and are not guaranteed;
- Information on the platform does not constitute advice, recommendation, or an endorsement of loan requests or Borrowers and that the information is not intended to be relied upon as a sole basis for deciding whether or not to lend to a particular Borrower;
- Moneymatch.com.ph is making no representation nor giving any warranty as to the accuracy of the data displayed for loan requests, nor whether the information is up to date or error free;
- Moneymatch.com.ph does not guarantee that:
- there will be sufficient bids to fully fund loans and allow your funds to be lent out,
- that there will be sufficient borrowers for you to lend to, or
- that there are sufficient other investors to buy your loan parts should you wish to sell them.
- Moneymacth.com.ph does not guarantee that loan parts listed for sale will be bought by other investors, or the time it will take to withdraw funds from the platform by selling loan parts; and
- You are bidding and lending entirely at your own risk:
- Where MoneyMatch.com.ph has implemented any form of personal guarantee in support of a loan on your behalf as an investor, you accept that the enforceability of such personal guarantee shall be subject to normal legal risks and limitations and that we will not have ensured that any individual providing such a guarantee has been independently advised on the impact of such a personal guarantee. Such guarantees can be open to challenge in circumstances where the individual granting the guarantee has been subject to undue pressure or influence from a third party;
- The platform is not intended or designed to be used, nor does MoneyMatch.com.ph permit any use of the platform, as a vehicle for generating loan assets (or purchasing interests in loan assets) as part of an investor’s (or an investor of an investor’s group) securitization or fund-raising strategy, and shall not be used as such by any investor or an investor of an investor’s group without the prior written consent of MoneyMatch.com.ph (such consent may be withheld in MoneyMatch.com.ph‘s absolute discretion).
VIII. GENERAL TERMS
A. Moneymatch.ph’s principal roles are:
- to perform introductory functions on behalf of borrowers and investors in order to bring together prospective borrowers and investors;
- to provide a streamlined process for entering into loans (including the development of standard form loan agreements); and
- to facilitate the payment and collection of sums due under or in connection with those loans (including certain limited actions upon a borrower’s default as set out in these terms and conditions).
B. While Moneymatch.ph adds value to the credit analysis as part of our loan application review and credit assessment processes, the provision of a risk tag classification is intended to be informative only. An Investor must form its own opinion regarding the creditworthiness of a borrower, and undertake its own research, analysis and assessment of each borrower for each loan and, where appropriate, seek its own independent financial advice.
C. Save in certain specified circumstances, Moneymatch.ph does not edit the information submitted or uploaded by borrowers, which it then makes available to prospective investors via the platform and, therefore, we cannot guarantee its accuracy. Accordingly, we accept no responsibility or liability for the accuracy of the information provided by borrowers to prospective investors, or the risk tag classifications. Moneymatch.ph may from time to time, but accepts no obligation to, update or amend borrowers’ information or the risk tag classification (including between when the loan request is first made and when it is entered into, and during the term of any loan). You agree that you shall inform us if any information we publish about you is untrue, inaccurate or misleading in any material respect.
D. A Loan Contract is only formed when the loan request is at least 75% funded, and the listing is closed (“Listing Close Date”). But, if a loan request is fully funded, the Loan Contract with the relevant offering Investor(s) for the loan (and each of its respective loan parts) shall automatically come into effect and shall be legally enforceable on and from the Listing Close Date.
E. If the loan is not fully funded within the relevant listing period, or if we have exercised our discretion to de-list a loan, then your loan request will be cancelled, and any funds bid will be released back to Investors. If the loan is fully funded, the money will then be transferred from each of the relevant Moneymatch.ph investor accounts by us to your Moneymatch.ph borrower account, where it can be transferred to your bank account. Interest shall start to accrue on and from the Listing Close Date. You will be sent details of the repayment schedule by email, and you will also be able to view this in your account dashboard.
F. Each loan will be effective for the period specified on the Loan Contract.
G. In all Loan Contracts and loan transfer documentation, we will quote an Investor’s address as being “c/o Moneymatch.com.ph”, and state Moneymatch.com.ph ‘s postal address. Each borrower agrees that all notices and communications to be given to an Investor will be sent to Moneymatch.com.ph on that Investor’s behalf, and that this is sufficient to identify the investors for the purposes of the Loan Contracts. Details of relevant investors are available to you upon request.
H. The information provided on the platform is directed solely at and is for use solely by persons and organizations that meet the criteria set out in clause 1 above, and the equivalent criteria set out in the Terms and Conditions for Investors. This platform is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person or entity in any jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to applicable law or regulation.
J. We will ensure that the platform is available for you to use at any time. However, this is not something we are able to guarantee, and there may be times when the platform is not available. We will do our best to notify you via our website when we know this service will be unavailable. You can contact us when the platform is not available by emailing email@example.com.
K. You agree to use the platform only for lawful purposes, and in a way, which does not infringe the rights of anyone else, or restrict or inhibit anyone else’s use and enjoyment of the platform.
L. You agree not to use the Moneymatch.com.ph platform or any information accessible on or obtained from it for the purpose of canvassing or soliciting any person or enticing any person away from Moneymatch.com.ph.
M. You warrant that you have taken all reasonable precautions to ensure that any data you upload or otherwise submit to the platform is free from viruses, and anything else which may have a contaminating or destructive effect on any part of the platform or any other technology.
N. The content and material available on the platform is for informational purposes only and should not be regarded as an offer, solicitation, invitation, advice or recommendation to buy or sell investments, securities or any other financial services or banking product. If you are unsure about whether a product is suitable for you, you should contact an independent financial adviser.
O. You are responsible for all costs you incur in accessing the platform.
P. We accept no responsibility or liability for your use of content on the platform and such use is entirely at your own risk. While we take reasonable precautions to prevent the existence of computer viruses or other malicious programs on the platform, we accept no liability for them if they do exist. It is your responsibility to use, update and maintain appropriate antivirus software on your computer.
Q. We take reasonable precautions to ensure that our systems are secure. However, information transmitted via the platform will pass over public telecommunications networks. We accept no liability if communications sent via the platform are intercepted by third parties or incorrectly delivered or not delivered.
R. The platform may contain links to third party websites. We accept no responsibility or liability for any material supplied by or contained on any third-party website which is linked from or to the platform, or any use of personal data by such third party.
IX. OTHER IMPORTANT TERMS
A. If any of these Terms and Conditions is found to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable by any court of competent jurisdiction, the remainder shall continue in full force and effect.
B. All disclaimers, indemnities and exclusions in these Terms and Conditions shall survive termination of the agreement between us for any reason.
C. We may, in whole or in part, release, compound, compromise, waive or postpone, in our absolute discretion, any liability owed to us or right granted to us in these Terms and Conditions without in any way prejudicing or affecting our rights in respect of that or any other liability or right not so released, compounded, compromised, waived or postponed.No single or partial exercise, or failure or delay in exercising any right, power or remedy by us shall constitute a waiver by us of, or impair or preclude any further exercise of, that or any right, power or remedy arising under these terms and conditions or otherwise.
D. Please ensure that you read these Terms and Conditions and the Loan Contracts carefully, as these will bind you and govern your relationship with us and Investors. If you are uncertain as to your rights and obligations under them or would like and explanation, please get in touch with us.
E. Moneymatch.com.ph may assign, transfer, novate or otherwise exercise any of its rights under these Terms and Conditions by itself, or through any company or other legal entity which is under the control or ownership of Moneymatch.com.ph.
F. Moneymatch.com.ph may assign, transfer, novate or otherwise exercise any of its rights under these Terms and Conditions by itself, or through any company or other legal entity which is under the control or ownership of Moneymatch.com.ph.
G. MOneymatch.com.ph may assign, transfer, novate or otherwise exercise any of its rights under these Terms and Conditions by itself, or through any company or other legal entity which is under the control or ownership of Moneymatch.com.ph.
H. Terms and Conditions were last updated on July 19, 2018.
I. These Terms and Conditions are governed by Philippine laws. In the event of any matter or dispute arising out of or in connection with these terms, we shall submit to the courts of Pasig City, to the exclusion of all others.
A. In the event that you have a complaint, the Company will make every effort to rectify the problem as soon as practicably possible.
B. Please write to us making clear the details surrounding your complaint. You can send your complaint by e-mail, SMS, or through our Facebook Page Messenger.
C. We will endeavor to respond to you to acknowledge your complaint within two Business Days of receiving it. We will endeavor to provide a response to your complaint within ten Business Days of receiving it.
D. If, having received our response, you are still dissatisfied, you can escalate your complaint to our Chief Executive Officer who will investigate the complaint personally and provide a final response to you within ten Business Days.
XI. ABOUT US
A. MOneymatch.com.ph is a wholly owned brand of Fintech Global Resources Inc, a company duly registered under the laws of the Republic of the Philippines, whose registered number is CS 201619422, and whose registered office and principal place of business is at 24F OMM-CITRA, San Miguel Ave, Ortigas Center, Pasig City, Philippines.
B. If you have any questions about these Terms and Conditions, or wish to contact us for any reason whatsoever, please contact us on the Moneymatch.com.ph website, https://www.moneymatch.com.ph/.
C. If you wish to make a formal complaint, you may do so in person, in writing by post, email, or by telephone.